- Job Category
- Job Type
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
The Transportation group within GHD Canada works with Provincial, Regional, and local municipal transportation agencies on large scale projects across the whole Transportation spectrum of highways, roads and bridges, transit infrastructure, transportation planning and roundabouts. Our team provides integrated transportation services throughout the project lifecycle from initial policy, transportation economics and business case advice, through concept, Environmental Assessment, detailed design and construction administration.
We are looking for a Transportation Engineering graduate to join our Transportation Planning team on a temporary assignment.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Participate in the collection of traffic count and parking data
- Prepare inventories of road facilities and transit services
- Undertake research and analysis of land use, demographic and travel data
- Determine requirements and broader transportation impact for proposed developments
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of travel forecasts
- Develop and assess alternative road improvements
- Develop preliminary road designs, prepare technical memos, reports and graphics
- Incorporate transit, pedestrian, transportation demand management strategies and active transportation into studies
- Provide traffic engineering services for Environmental Assessments, Preliminary and Detail roadway projects
- Review and develop on-site circulation plans
- Prepare parking justification and loading studies
- Perform intersection operations analysis
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- University graduate in Civil Engineering with transportation courses, transportation experience or transportation interest.
- Familiarity with Ontario Traffic Manuals, particularly Book 7, Book 15 and Book 18.
- Experience with AutoCAD or GIS is an asset
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent report/letter/technical memo writing skills along with superior verbal communications
- Performs well independently as well as in a team environment
- Bilingual (French/English)
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance is essential to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services