Structural Engineer (10 to 15 years of experience) FIFO
- Labrador City,QC
- Job Category
- Job Type
|Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients. |
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Job title: Structural Engineer (10 to 15 years of experience) FIFO
Type of position:Temporary
Work location:Labrador City
Job title: Structural Engineer (10 to 15 years of experience)
By joining our Structural team in Labrador City, you will be asked to contribute to the various stages of project execution, from proposals and detailed engineering to site supervision and surveys. Among other tasks, you will be expected to apply established calculation and design methods when preparing plans, lists of materials, technical specifications and estimates. You will also be expected to lead technical projects, ensure the quality of professional service and maintain positive client relations in the region.
More specifically, in joining our team, you’ll be asked to:
· Serve as technical leader in the multidisciplinary team.
· Ensure plans and specifications are respected during construction work at the site.
· Maintain friendly, close relations with clients or their representatives
· Participate in and perform the design review of building foundations and structures.
· Coordinate design activities for the Structural discipline.
· Participate in drafting technical specifications and reports.
· Perform quality control for the work of technicians and drafters.
· Help prepare estimates, schedules and budgets.
· Contribute to work planning, organization and evaluation
· Perform on-site work supervision.
· Carry out other technical duties to assist with projects
· Detail-oriented and meticulous
· Excellent aptitude for teamwork and maintaining positive ties with coworkers
· Creative and innovative in providing solutions
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Building Engineering
· Member of the Professional Engineers and Geoscientists Newfoundland & Labrador (PEGNL)
· At least 10 years of experience in designing industrial structures
· Advanced knowledge of structural analysis software
· Ability to read drawings
· Knowledge of work site supervision
· Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
· Proficiency in technical writing
· Asset: Bilingualism (English and French)
|BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.|