- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Regional Sales Engineer will be responsible for growing the FLIR Science and Automation business in the Southeastern United States.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Become an expert at using and demonstrating FLIR Science Grade cameras for thermography and advanced radiometry applications.
- Develop and execute a Territory Sales Plans with heavy emphasis on year-over-year revenue growth and Key Account Management
- Travel within the territory to perform customer demos, develop key accounts, and educate and energize FLIR science channel partners (distributors, reps, OEM/VARs)
- Quickly respond to sales leads, accurately deliver sales quotes, and document the progress from lead to win within CRM
- Maintain the CRM Opportunity pipeline so that it can be used to create accurate forecast data
- Provide feedback to Business Development and Product Management on new feature requests and product performance in the field
- Gather information on competitive products, pricing and strategies
- Support both regional and national tradeshows
- STEM degree or professional experience equivalent. Engineering or physics degrees are ideal.
- Passionate about Science and Technology and operating high-end FLIR infrared cameras
- Ability to quickly make friends, network, and expand FLIR’s presence at key accounts
- Minimum of 2 years of technical sales experience. Application engineering experience is a plus.
- Comfortable with travel up to 50%. Preferred candidate will be centrally located in the territory.
- Ability to quickly understand and troubleshoot complex imaging or measurement applications
- Strong presentation and communication skills. Comfortable presenting from the technician level to the program management level while managing and addressing their differing concerns.
- Demonstrated history of arranging and delivering large presentations such as lunch-n-learns, training classes or technology updates.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.