- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Cape Girardeau,MO
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections of Missouri is looking for a safety conscience Residential Rear Load Driver to join the team in C ape Girardeau, MO.
NOW WITH A $7,500 SIGN ON BONUS!
The ideal driver will have a self-motivated, go getting attitude, that is looking to excel and grow with our GROWING company!
Why work for Waste Connections?
- ~Competitive Compensations~
- ~Safety Bonuses - Get rewarded for your safe habits~
- ~Yearly Boot Stipend - Get your boots covered~
- ~Benefits Plans - Keep yourself healthy~
- ~Matching 401(K) - Connect to your future~
What we do: We provide trash and disposal services to the local community. You, a vital piece of the team, would be responsible for safely operating a garbage truck into neighborhoods and picking up trash, while providing the best service in the industry. Rear Load Trucks require drivers to pull trashcans to the truck to dump with a tipper. Duties include:
- Safely operating a rear load garbage truck in residential neighborhoods and picking up trash receptacles
- Cautiously exit/enter the vehicle over 500 times a day to service homes
- Physically pulling and moving containers that weight over 75 pounds just as often
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Interact courteously with your customers
- Other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What we work with: Trash is heavy! Sometimes we have machines aid our efforts. Other times we do not. And this is a service provided year round - rain, snow or shine. Hot or cold. Be prepared to work in all environments, around heavy diesel equipment. Not to mention dirty ones. Plan for the following labor:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work with consistent walking; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 75 pounds. Exiting/exiting high set truck. Walking. Moderate noise level.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
At the end of the day, we go home knowing we leave a smiling customer!
Minimum Job Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a satisfactory driving record.
- Class A or B CDL
- Ability to work Monday - Friday starting at around 5:30 am. Approx. 45-50 hours a week, with overtime possibilities.
- Physically comfortable with demands of the job
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)