- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Occupational Health Nurse
Department: Health,Safety & Wellness
Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday, days, 7.5 hour shifts,0800-1600 (subject to change based on operational needs)
Site: Primarily Oakville (will require regular travel to other hospital sites)
The Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) works collaboratively with members of the Health, Safety & Wellness department to support individual employees and the organization in the delivery of a safe and healthy work environment. The OHN plays an essential role in the delivery of the Health, Safety and Wellness Programs including: communicable disease surveillance, blood borne disease management, absence management, health assessments, N95 fit testing, health surveillance, health teaching and promotion, immunization, disability management - STD, LTD, WSIB; work accommodation, as well as others.
This is what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Manager of Health, Safety & Wellness, the Occupational Health Nurse will join a team of other nursing professionals and the Health, Safety & Wellness Department in the delivery of employee health and safety programs including but not limited to:
- Facilitate the development and implementation of health and communicable disease surveillance programs
- Proactively managing and delivering services to employees
- Ensuring compliance with legislation andapplicable acts
- Primary care and health assessment
- Immunization programs
- Health/medical surveillance programs for regulated, controlled substances, biological exposures, etc.
- Support safety and accident prevention specific to organizational hazards
- Health education and promotion
- Provide appropriate and effective first-aid and counseling to employees, as appropriate
- Provides pre-employment medical assessments based on the Public Hospitals Act and OHA/OMA guidelines.
- Assessment, follow-up, referral, reporting and documentation of all employees relating to disability management, injury, illness, and/or exposures
- Facilitates Return-to-Work programs, assists withWSIB claims process, and other EmployeeHealth related work, using a multidisciplinary approach, as required.
- Serve as an internalconsultant to all departments related to Employee Health & Safety inquiries
- In conjunction with Human Resources, conduct follow upcounseling meetings with employees and assist in development of plans to address attendance issues
- Support theAttendance Support program
- Make referrals to appropriateresources (EAP, Occupational Health Physician,Disability Management Specialists, therapists)
- Development and facilitation oftraining programs related to Employee Health & Safety
- Continuously and proactively improve Employee Health programs withinHalton Healthcare to excel as a leader in healthcare
- Communicable diseases programs and protocols not limited to(e.g., chicken pox, influenza, febrile respiratory illness (FRI), and other pandemic or epidemic diseases) program will address: blood and body fluid and other biological exposures, pandemic diseases,• pre-placement infection control screening, occupational and non-occupational exposures, communicable disease surveillance and regular collaboration and information exchange with Infection Prevention and Control (IPC), monitoring, reporting and tracking of exposures and/or risk of exposures
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum three years nursing experience in an Occupational Health field required
- COHN(C) designation preferred
- Disability Management Certification preferred, (CDMP, CRTWC)
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate/diploma preferred
- Previous work experience as a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse
- Previous work experience WSIB, OHSA, Public Hospitals Act, Human Right's Legislation and collective agreements required
- Strongassessment, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with return to work, modified work, attendance management and accommodation programs in a diverse environment
- Excellent computer skills and able to create and generate reports as required
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with colleagues, and members of the internal community
- Commitment to continuous learning in related health and safety fields
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills required
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Officeapplications including Word, Excel, Outlook required as well as knowledge of Access, PowerPoint
- Experience with Occupational Health and Safety software (Parklane, etc.) preferred
- Must be physically able to do the job
- Positiveemployment and attendance record
Date Posted: November 12, 2020
Internal Applicants due by: November 19, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George