- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
The ideal painter will have a self-motivated, go getting attitude, that is looking to excel and grow with our GROWING company!
Why work for Waste Connections?
- ~Competitive Compensations~
- ~Yearly Boot Stipend - Get your boots covered~
- ~Benefits Plans - Keep yourself healthy~
- ~Matching 401(K) - Connect to your future~
- ~Discounted Employee Stocks - Invest in Company Future~
What we do: We provide trash and disposal services to the local community. You, a vital piece of the team, would be responsible for painting and general upkeep of trashcans and dumpsters. These items, like our trucks, are the pride of our business on the curb! This work includes duties such as:
- Paint and maintain all metallic waste bins in a safe, efficient and timely manner
- Schedule and plan regular repair and paint work as needed
- Preparing cans for delivery to our customers
- Conduct inventory and timely ordering of paint and supplies
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Keeping a clean, organized, and safe workspace for you and your fellow coworkers
What we work with: Trash is heavy! Trash cans are heavier. And this is a dirty service provided year Be prepared to work in all environments, indoors, around fumes and heavy diesel equipment. Not to mention paint!. Plan for the following labor:
- Extensive physical activity and Dexterity for handling small parts and tools in tight spaces
- Heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 75 pounds. Moderate noise level.
- Enclosed environments with, vibrations, hard floors, lubricants and chemicals, fumes and dirt consistent with a maintenance shop.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions
At the end of the day, we go home knowing we leave a smiling customer!
Minimum Job Requirements
- Previous use and knowledge of water-based paints a plus!
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 1 year of work experience in a stable environment, including laborious duties
- Ability to work Monday - Friday starting at around 5:30 am. Approx. 45-50 hours a week, with overtime possibilities.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.careers.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)