- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
This position is a dynamic, customer focused role and integral to the growth strategy of the FLIR ITS business in North America. The successful candidate will ultimately be responsible for growing the sales of all FLIR technology solutions sold and marketed to the Intelligent Transportation Systems market in the Northeast and Great Lakes regions of the U.S. This individual will create demand with various stakeholders and partner with the distributor channel while managing and motivating them.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate, develop, and manage customer and project demand for FLIR ITS solutions. Responsibility for all products sold into the Intelligent Transportation Systems market
- Actively promote the brand and products through regular visits to end-users, consultants/engineers, distributors and other integrators as well as tradeshows, seminars, and webinars
- Consistent and well-planned travel throughout territory, prioritizing activity for greatest ROI
- Meet and exceed the assigned bookings goals for the territory
- Actively manage a reseller network of distributors/integrators which includes evaluating new distributors, training (this will be a formal initiative), supporting, motivating, developing targets, requiring forecasts/other critical data and holding accountable, with a strong focus on continued sales growth and customer satisfaction/experience
- Support of the reseller channel includes conducting product demonstrations and customer presentations, quoting, lead generation, addressing issues, requests and questions, competitive positioning, design assistance, local trade shows and seminars
- Develop new strategies to build business and seek new ways to build markets and marketshare
- Provide daily updates to FLIR’s CRM system
- Provide accurate and thorough forecasts and actively manage pipeline including consistent follow-up of prospects and projects
- Keep management informed of market and competitive feedback, issues and other conditions that impact the business
- Manage assigned demo-equipment including location/possession and monitor the condition for demonstrations/product evaluations
- 5+ years of experience in selling high technology capital equipment, preferably into the Traffic/Transportation, Security, or IT markets
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred with a strong technical acumen and/or experience with networked video or other technologies related to surveillance and/or detection
- Ability to combine a high degree of technical knowledge with strong and persuasive communication skills
- Computer literacy, including Windows, specifically the Office suite, and CRM such as Dynamics or SalesForce
- Strong territory management and forecasting skills
- Fluency in English. French as a second language is an advantage but not required
- Talented in writing proposals and presenting on (including public speaking) company products and services, performing system demonstrations
- Ability to identify, qualify and capture long term business and grow markets.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Two Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) Faculty Positi…
Indigenous Student Success Navigator
School for the Contemporary Arts - Tier 2 Canada …
Simon Fraser University, School for the Contemporary Arts
Provost and Chief Academic Officer