- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN): is a non-hazardous solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services in 41 states in the U.S. and 6 provinces in Canada. Our 16,000+ employees foster a work culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Bring your passion to succeed and you'll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, you'll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play harder culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.
Why you need to join us!
Waste Connections is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Our people mean everything to us.
• CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a safety conscious Loader to join the Penn Waste team in Manchester, PA.
The Loader position is responsible for helping the driver of a garbage truck on specified routes to manually collect solid waste and transport it to appropriate disposal sites.
Typical job duties include (but are not limited to):
- Ride on garbage truck to assist the Driver service customers - will load refuse bags and bring containers to the truck for proper disposal.
- Directing the truck driver when backing
- Assisting with vehicle maintenance
- Operate packing mechanisms and levers to activate the loading arm
- Clean the packer blade and truck body
- Deliver positive customer service interactions
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
This is a very physical job working outside in all weather conditions.
Monday-Friday day shift, with mandatory Saturdays following a holiday.
What We Offer -
Good pay, family benefits, 401k, vacation and a great management team.
Garbage is very stable and we work year round.
Job Requirements -
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly throughout the day.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)