Regional Administrative Services Manager -Lower Mainland Non-Profit
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER
Job ID: 3625
SHORT TERM (UP TO 12 MONTHS) FULL-TIME
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER
The Regional Administrative Services Manager is responsible for managing the provision of administrative services for the region and/or business area, including supervising a team of staff performing property management/property maintenance administration, reception, file management and general administrative support functions. He/she/they works closely with the Management team in budget development, manages office expense allocation and prepares budget analysis reports. The incumbent also serves as the region’s technical resource for information systems. The position participates as a member of the regional management team and liaises with a variety of internal staff and external stakeholders to accomplish objectives.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in commerce or business administration, or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Considerable experience in managing administrative activities within the public or not-for-profit sector, including experience in budgets and financial administration. Experience in property management and/or social housing administration. Experience with supervision of a team of staff.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound understanding of administrative and financial policies, procedures and practices
- Ability to learn and understand the Branch’s policies, programs and operating requirements
- Ability to assess administrative requirements for the effective delivery of the region’s programs and services
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects, co-ordinate work with others, keep senior management apprised of major issues and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to accomplish objectives.
- Effective written and verbal communication, conflict resolution, consensus building and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer administration skills, including the problem analysis and resolution
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and computer systems and databases
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
More search results
Director, Anti-Racism, Equity and Social Accounta…
Four Corners Group
Regional Administrative Services Manager – Pentic…
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager- Victoria
Building Manager Supervisor – Resident (Stratford…
Building Manager Supervisor – Resident (Steeves M…