- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
GHD is currently looking for a Materials Engineer to join our Ottawa office. This is a permanent, full-time position.
- Report to the Quality Assurance Manager the performance of the quality of the materials;
- Monitor overall field and Quality Control laboratory testing activities, ensuring that testing personnel with appropriate training, experience and skills are assigned in order to fully comply with the requirements of the project;
- Supervise all Quality Assurance laboratory on the project, whether located at the site Quality -Assurance laboratory, at an outside Quality Assurance laboratory, or in the field;
- Receive and review all quality testing reports, upon completion of testing. Sign all Quality Assurance testing reports;
- Travelling to sites to conduct engineer site visits, perform specific assessments, and attend site meetings;
- Provide a materials certificate of compliance at Final Acceptance, submitted with the IMS-QMS documents, indicating that all materials incorporated in the Works conform to the requirements of the contract documents.
- Managing projects involving the quality control of materials;
- Approving materials according to plans and specifications, analyzing and interpreting test results;
- Monitoring ongoing site work, nonconformities, and corrective measures;
- Preparing progress and final reports;
- Preparing proposals, monitoring budget advancement, and ensuring fee and expenditure billing;
- Supervising and mentoring technical personnel assigned to sites.
Education and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Geological or Civil Engineering;
- Master’s degree in Geological or Civil Engineering with a specialization in materials, an asset;
- Minimum 5 years of confirmed experience in soil and materials engineering on municipal or MTO projects;
- A member of the Professional Engineer in Ontario (for at least 3 years);
- Knowledge of MTO standards, municipal requirements, and the National Building Code;
- Mastery of oral and written English and familiarity with French a plus;
- Valid driver’s licence and automobile;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to unexpected events;
- Organization skills, autonomy, resourcefulness, team spirit, and analytical mindset.
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.