Executive Assistant to CEO
Want to make a difference in your career? Consider this opportunity!
Join our team as an Executive Assistant to the President & CEO. A permanent full-time position to support the President and Chief Executive Officer and manage the day to day operations of the executive office.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Provides executive support to the President and Chief Executive Officer to ensure timely and accurate information is prioritized, researched, analyzed and summarized on current and emerging issues in support of decision making in the management of Ontario Health.
- Serves as the focal point of contact between the President and Chief Executive Officer and Ontario Health leadership, the Board of Directors, government officials and stakeholders across the health system in order to manage corporate linkages and protocols and to ensure seamless coordination of matters within the office of the President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Manages the flow of communications to and from the office to facilitate the prioritization, coordination and response to all requests for information and to ensure the President and Chief Executive Officer is properly briefed in all significant matters.
- Promotes and supports Ontario Health’s culture which respects equity, inclusion, diversity and anti-racism.
- Provides preliminary review, analysis and synopses of materials prepared for the President and Chief Executive Officer’s review.
- Manages the scheduling of the President and Chief Executive Officer’s meetings, speaking engagements and presentations and coordinates the preparation and/or compilation of background materials.
- Leads and participates on a variety of projects as assigned by the President and Chief Executive Officer by researching topics, preparing business cases, developing project plans, determining project resource requirements and project methodology, leading consultations and meetings with management, staff and stakeholders.
- Attends meetings, working groups and committees both within Ontario Health, and as a community of practice with other Executive Assistants across Ontario Health.
- Manages day to day office operations including budget administration
Here is what you will need to be successful:
Education and Experience
- Graduation from a college or university; or equivalent education and experience
- 4 - 6 years’ experience in providing executive level services and support within a highly demanding work environment
- Expertise in prioritizing and managing competing priorities and deadlines
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of executive office protocols and administrative systems within a government environment
- Political acuity and effective stakeholder management skills.
- Experience working in an environment of equity, diversity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- Skills and ability to manage change for a new organizational culture and vision.
- Skilled in managing work processes, adapting procedures and providing optimum services
- Highly organized
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Detail oriented
- Has a sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize work
- Customer focus
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Location: The role requires a combination of virtual and in-person work at Ontario Health offices in Toronto and Whitby, Ontario.