- Ranch Ehrlo Society
- Job Category
- Social Work
- Job Type
The Multiple Program Casual is located in Regina and Pilot Buttee provides care and support to vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and/or other related issues. The Multiple Program Casual is actively engaged and fully participates in all aspects of the children, youth, and/or adults residential experience, providing care, support, and role modelling. The Multiple Program Casual works to provide the participants with a safe, nurturing, predictable, and structured living environment. The Multiple Program Casual is involved in the implementation of the participants’ treatment plan and in meeting the participants emotional and physical needs. The Multiple Program Casual role provides backfill for Care Workers.
Education and Professional Certification
- Completion of a high school diploma.
- A certificate, diploma, or degree in child and youth care (CYC) or in a related field of study is an asset.
- One (1) year of experience working with children, youth, and/or adults with behavioural, cognitive, mental health, and/or developmental challenges.
Skills and Characteristics
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form genuine relationships.
- Ability to lead through motivation, role modelling, and support.
- Outgoing personality with interests that can be used to engage participants (i.e. outdoors, arts, sports, etc.).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Emotional competence and self awareness.
- Ability to display empathy, patience, and understanding in day-to-day interactions.
- Knowledge of behaviour management and support methods.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to set clear, attainable goals.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations.
- Understands budget and allocation of resources.
- Open to continuous education and learning and development opportunities.
- Basic computer proficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide relief care and support to vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and/or other related issues.
- Maintain a therapeutic milieu.
- Participate in the implementation of activity plans.
- Engage and fully participate with the participants.
- Teach participants life skills such as self care, cooking, cleaning, budgeting, and positive interactions.
- Resolve conflicts and respond to crisis situations using behavioural management and support methods including conflict resolution, crisis management, and life space interviewing.
- Complete reports and documentation clearly, accurately, in a timely manner, and within agency standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Display positive role modelling, agency values, and fairness.
- Communicate with the multidisciplinary team when required.
Management of Resources
- Submit receipts and reconcile expenses for unit manager approved expenditures.
- Ensure mileage log is completed accurately when agency vehicle is used.
- Ensure care, cleanliness, and maintenance of assigned assets and resources including; building(s), vehicles(s), furnishings, and equipment.
- Maintain, promote, and reinforce safe work habits, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to written or verbal agency and government regulations, policies, practices, and instructions.
The incumbent is responsible for completing all mandatory training requirements for the position as per agency policy and guidelines.
Multiple Program Casuals are required to be available for a minimum of four (4) shifts in a two (2) week pay period and report to work at these declared times if necessary. In addition, MPCAS are required to be available for on-call standby weekend coverage once every two (2) months. Availability and contact information must be kept up-to-date in the agency time and attendance system.
Employees must hold a class five (5) novice two (2) or higher drivers license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy.
The hourly wage range fro this position is $18.99 to $22.02
See job description