Quality Control Technician I - Dayshift M-F 8-5
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Dayshift role M-F 8am=5pm. Minimal overtime. Direct hire role with competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, paid time off, 401K matching and more.
The Quality Control Technician performs functions associated with inspection of precision crystalline optical components in a manufacturing environment. We are looking for individuals that are self- motivated, able to multitask, adjust priorities, and maintain quality throughout the processes. The person must be organized, detailed orientated, able to handle small fragile optical components and work within a manufacturing Team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Use of stereoscope/microscope for inspection of optical surfaces. Optical and mechanical inspection of optics to verify they meet specification. Reading and interpretation of prints/ symbols. Use of different lasers/ inspection equipment including dimensional measurement equipment, interferometer, UV-Vis spectroscopy, optical profiler, digital microscope. Able to understand and follow documented procedures for and including microscopes, autocollimators, and various measuring equipment to thoroughly inspect optics. Monitoring and maintaining organization of components and work environment. Detailed record keeping and maintaining component identification throughout the processes. Performing various tasks on the computer including tracking and updating component orders on a spreadsheet, SAP, and creating/revising procedures Labeling, packaging, and preparing components for shipping and or next stage of manufacturing.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Part Inspection/Data recording
- Parts Handling and Organization
- Component labeling/packaging, recording production and yield data
- Use of various cleaning chemicals, including ethanol, acetone, and KOH
- Able to use microscopes for extended periods of time
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Collaborative Team Member
- Basic understanding of computer applications (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic manufacturing production setting
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable working with very small and fragile parts
- Able to read Mechanical Prints
- 3+ years in manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Proficient in arithmetic and basic trigonometry (preferred)
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.