- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections of Canada,is looking to hire aGas Technician for our Ridge Landfill in Blenheim, Ontario.We are looking for an innovative, creative and proactive individual who enjoys working in a team environment but also excels working at an individual level. The Gas Technician works closely with the Operations Manager to maintain and improve LFG (Landfill Gas) operations.
- Operate and Maintain landfill gas collection system (vertical wells, condensate collection system, monitoring stations) and future utilization systems.
- Monitor the LFG well field, perimeter wells and leachate levels on a weekly basis to optimize collection efficiency in support of LFG utilization.
- Balance individual gas extraction wells and perform routine maintenance and minor repairs as required.
- Operate and maintain (troubleshoot and determine liquid levels within liquid containment structures and or LFG collection wells).
- Operate and maintain LFG control plant and flare unit, liquid management system pneumatic or electric driven pumps
- Responsible for regular inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting and will perform minor repairs on system alarms and other LFG systems and units (eg.. LFG well field, control plant, etc.) .
- Coordinate the extraction of condensate from the designated locations.
- Record monitoring and maintenance data And assist Operations Manager in analyzing data for long-term system optimization.
- Prepare and submit compliance, operational and safety forms or reports; related to this landfill operations.
Job Requirements (must have)
- College Diploma in Environmental Sciences ( Environmental Technologist)
- 1 to 2 years' experience in an industrial process control operations environment preferably with LFG collection and control systems.
- Valid Ontario driver's license and reliable mode of transportation
What's In It for You?
You will be joining a team environment and colleagues who embrace a "work hard, play harder" culture. Our compensation package is competitive, and comes with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance, RRSP matched plan and performance oriented bonus policy. You'll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections of Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.