Registered Nurse - PT - Birthing Suites - Oakville
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Maternal Child - Birthing Suite
Status: Part-time (must provide availability of up to a 0.6 FTE)
Hours: Various rotating 12 hour shifts, days and nights (Hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
The successful incumbent will provide triage and care to the pregnant woman throughout labour and birth including vaginal and Caesarean deliveries, recovery of the Caesarean mother, and maternal and newborn care within the LBRP model.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Current BCLS Certification required at time of hire
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience in Obstetrics required
- Current Obstetric O.R. certificate and/or experience required
- Must have previous experience in maternal-fetal assessment and postpartum care
- Competency with vaginal exams during labour
- Proficient in venipuncture and IVs
- Current Neonatal resuscitation provider certification at time of hire and ongoing
- Current AWHONNIntermediate Fetal Monitoring Courseor Fetal Health Surveillance course
- Breastfeeding certificate required
- Demonstrated ability to assist and support breastfeeding women
- Commitment to family centred care
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy of single room maternity care and the tenets of cross-training across the Maternal Child Program
- Dedication to continuing education
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary:$33.56 to $48.05 per hour
Date Posted:November 17, 2020
Internal applications due by:November 24, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.c o m directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George