Patient Flow Navigator - PT 0.4 - Social Work & Patient Flow
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Patient Flow Navigator
Department: Social Work and Patient Flow
Status: Part-time (must provide availability up to 0.4 FTE)
Hours: Monday toSunday – various rotating 8 & 12 hour shifts (Hours may be subject to change based on operational requirements)
This is what you'll be doing:
As part of the Patient Flow Team, will implement system wide initiatives to facilitate the ease of patient movement through the hospital system. You will identify barriers in the successful flow of patients and work collaboratively to develop strategies to eliminate these barriers. This is a non unit producing position with administrative bed allocation responsibilities and authority to determine all bed assignment.
- Provide co-ordination and supervision of patient admissions, discharges and transfers utilizing Halton Healthcare flow and access tools, standards, protocols and current awareness of each units status within the hospital
- Chair the daily bed meeting with the CRNs and Manager of Patient Flow and Social Work, Infection Control, PALS, and Admitting.
- Execute the day-to-day activities of bed allocation.
- Act as a liaison between units to ensure smooth, timely and appropriate placement of admitted patients.
- Develop and maintain a strong, effective liaison with members of the health care team in order to facilitate discharge and admission planning.
- Flag specific situations where process is not effective in facilitating flow.
- Responsibility for tracking use of over census beds using developed tracking tool.
- Work in conjunction with Decision Support, Manager and Director of Patient Flow to track identified metrics.
- Manage all repatriation requests and facilitate admission of those patients who meet criteria.
- Assess and make recommendations for changes in current practice as per HHS focus on continuous quality improvement.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- BScN degree preferred
- Current member in good standing with theOntario College of Nurses
- A minimum of 3-5 years progressive work experience in a leadership/management role in an acute care health care setting
- Proficiency with Meditech Electronic Documentation System required.
- In-depth knowledge of hospital processes required.
- Previous experience in patient flow preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of best practice initiatives.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with multiple partners.
- Proven ability to effectively influence change in a complex multi-site healthcare environment.
- Superior communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and effective problem solving.
- Ability to manage high job demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Must be physically able to do the job
- Satisfactoryemployment and attendance record.
Salary: $42.95 - $53.14 per hour
Date Posted: November 17, 2020
Internal Applications Due by:November 24, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.