- Job Category
- Job Type
We are looking for a talented Truck Shop Technician to join our team specializing in Service for our Distribution Business in Ottawa, ON.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Complete troubleshooting, repairs and rebuilds on engine products and other customer equipment in a service shop.
- Perform preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines, including utilizing computers/software in the process of diagnostic work.
- Apply documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Completing required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Ongoing training and additional certifications on new and existing Cummins products.
- Adhere to all our relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
Please Note this position will work a 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM or a 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Shift.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Certified 310T Truck and Coach Technician.
- 3+ years experience performing troubleshooting and repairs on Heavy Duty trucks.
- Previous experience performing engine diagnostics on Cummins engines.
- Must have a valid Drivers Licence and be able to provide a clean Drivers Abstract.
At Cummins, we are committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and we strive to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
The successful candidate will be subject to our Pre-Employment Background Screening process that consists of a Criminal Background Check as well as Education and Work Experience Verification.