- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The primary focus of the Manager, Service Operations will be to effectively manage a service business focused on the maintenance, repair, and quality of products being supported by the local service facility. This includes the development and execution of customer centric, cost-effective business plans to ensure that the operational targets of repair productivity, quality, revenue, and profitability are achieved while overall customer satisfaction is maximized. The position requires unprecedented leadership by example and strong management by objective for a team of service technicians.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- While leading a defined team of Technicians, responsible for cost-effectively meeting the daily operational targets with respect to productivity, quality, throughput, efficiency and customer satisfaction. Coordinates with the Customer Service Representatives, Materials Coordinator, and other Service Management in establishing and executing priorities.
- Manages the fiscal performance of the respective business operation by regularly reviewing reports of repairs for accuracy in invoicing, allocated labor and material costs, and overall integrity while taking corrective actions as required.
- Provide additional support for Field Service activities as required.
- Ensures that customer due dates are met by monitoring capacity, reviewing manpower issues, and effectively administering employee overtime.
- Responsible for review and approval of employee labor reporting.
- Ensure that team members are adequately trained to perform required tasks and that cross-training plans are in place which support the department’s overall cross-training matrix resulting in a highly efficient and flexible workforce.
- Motivates the team through feedback on team performance and likewise, recognition of individual contribution to the team’s achievements.
- Recommend changes to existing stock levels of spare parts and shares in the responsibility for spares inventory.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) and other Engineering efforts.
- Act as the primary point of contact to internal/external customers for technical issues and provides technical assistance as required; customer site visits are to be carried out on request of Service Management.
- Ensure that all company Health & Safety policies are adhered to.
- Champions continuous improvement efforts and reinforces ISO 9001 procedures to insure the highest standards of excellence.
- Ensures the completion of any/all required documentation is accurate and according to instruction (e.g. repair reports, failures reports, time/labor reporting, etc.).
- Responsible for conducting employee performance reviews.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- Strong system level electronics-intensive background/work experience (minimum of 7-10 years), at least 2 of which were in the thermal imaging/electro-optics industry.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a management/supervisory role.
- Experience with a medium to high volume high technology re-manufacturing environment.
- Strong business acumen and a working knowledge of a business P&L.
- A keen sense for quality, efficiency, improvisation, cost, and customer satisfaction.
- Proven troubleshooting and repair proficiency with a minimum of (2) major IR product families (i.e. Thermography, Ground, Airborne, Maritime).
- Proven capability to lead and motivate a team of Technicians while instilling a Total Quality Management (TQM) culture.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of database programs and MS Office products.
- BS Degree level education
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.