- West Perth,WA
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new full-time opportunity for an experienced Intermediate to Senior level Tailings and Mine Waste Engineer who would like to progress to an Engineer of Record (EoR) role. You will be supported with the transition to an EoR by our existing Principal Tailings Engineers and EoRs, initially through a Deputy EoR (depending on your experience), coupled with our global Technical Community specifically related to tailings. You will contribute and lead mine waste teams to complete a variety of tailings storage facility design, analysis, and construction tasks for all phases of the mine life cycles.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical direction or provision of input to tailings design studies and related analyses.
- Liaising with specialists from other disciplines or offices within Golder.
- Providing senior technical input to project teams and ensuring that appropriate technical standards are developed and maintained.
- Assessing and understanding credible failure modes and how they apply to specific tailings storage facilities.
- Leading multi-disciplinary project teams on local, regional and international consulting assignments.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring for staff in the regional team and reviewing their project work.
- Delivering best practice consulting services to clients in Australia and overseas.
- Providing recommendations in area of tailings and mine waste management to clients.
- Maintaining effective client relationships and generate consulting business.
- Building and maintaining business networks; and
- Project management, budgeting and quality control for tailings, mine waste, heap leach and similar assignments
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Qualified Civil/Mining Engineer and relevant Post-Graduate Degree in either Business or relevant technical discipline would be looked upon favourably.
- At least 7 years of experience working on tailings/mine waste related projects locally or internationally, ideally in a consulting environment.
- Ability to work independently and within multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Excellent communication, report writing skills and stakeholder management; and
- Hold a valid working visa in Australia and a current manual driver's licence
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading specialised employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 155 offices in more than 40 countries, Golder's 7,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialised skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants who meet the specific criteria outlined above including the special opportunity criteria are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George