- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Sierra Processing currently has an opening for a candidate that can work in the warehouse as a Skid Steer/Equipment Operator located in Albany, NY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, operates tipper. May also include forklifts and front skid steer loaders. Also will have other duties including picking up garbage, cleaning machines, and directing traffic.
- Operates various equipment for general site and other related assignments.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; preferred
- Willing to load and unload trucks, semi trailers and export containers.
- Required to learn and willing to operate baling machines
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 to 75 + pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment, skid steer and forklift safety.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
School for the Contemporary Arts - Tier 2 Canada …
Simon Fraser University, School for the Contemporary Arts
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse