- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Construction Site Supervisor to join our construction team on a 12-month contract (with possibility of extension) based in Ontario (different projects / remote locations).
The construction site supervisor is responsible for coordinating all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes supervising all sub trades, suppliers and field personnel on the project site on a daily basis. The construction site manager is tasked with delivering the project scope of work on time while monitoring costs associated with the activities. This position is also responsible for administering and enforcing all Golder construction health and safety policies and plans on site.
Projects are in remote locations, most of the time in Northern Ontario (fly-in/fly-out) on camp base sites. Typically, you will work on rotations (2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off). Accommodation, meals and travel expenses will be covered by Golder.
An overview of your role will include:
- Administering excellent construction safety practices on-site through h&s policies and plans;
- Coordinating and supervising all construction activities;
- Maintaining construction schedule of projects;
- Tracking costs associated with the work, review with project budget;
- Problem solving site issues and minimizing associated construction delays;
- Communication with project manager and project coordinator;
- Daily communication with contract administrator or client's representative;
- Daily planning of project tasks to ensure project work adheres to schedule;
- Administer subcontracts and po's through daily communication with subcontractors, suppliers;
- Ensuring quality and accuracy of work performed/deliverable;
- Identifying potential cost savings and streamlined field methodologies;
- Ensuring project deliverables adhere to the drawings and specifications;
- Maintaining documentation as per site specific system;
- Maintaining site security;
- Attending on-site project meetings; and,
- Other duties as assigned by the project manager, contracts manager or regional leader.
You will have a background in:
- 6 to 8 years construction experience;
- Ability to manage resources and schedule;
- Experience in Heavy Civil, Earthworks, mine Closure or Site Remediation ;
- Experience in the management of Health and Safety and a demonstrated "Safety-First" focus attitude;
- Knowledge of Ontario construction safety laws and regulations, terms and conditions of contracts;
- Understanding of equipment resources and efficiency;
- Highly motivated;
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal);
- Available for business travels and extended working hours as required;
- Strong people skills and a team player;
- Willing to work most of the time away from home on remote sites.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 13 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.