- Waste Connections, Inc.
- South Sioux City,NE
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections is looking for a safety conscience Maintenance Shop Clerk to join our GROWING team in South Sioux City, Nebraska.
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
- Gather, input, retrieve and maintain maintenance information in both computer and manual systems
- Provide general clerical work to assure the smooth operation of the Maintenance Department
- General clerical duties, including filing, photocopying, faxing, posting of notices, and ordering of parts and supplies as directed
- Develop and issue computer reports as requested
- Assist with and/or prepare materials
- Prepare summary reports of transportation and maintenance costs
- Research availability and source of purchase for emergency and critical spare parts and repair parts
- Compile information such as identification of items, cost, vendor, freight charges, etc. for purchasing of all maintenance materials
- Review documents for sufficiency and maintaining any necessary follow-up
- Maintain all files and inventory records of all orders placed and received, including delivery time schedules
- Assist shop personnel with general clerical and data entry work
- Utilize parts management software (RTA), Excel and other MS Office programs
- Aid and Support the Customer Service Staff / Dispatch using TRUX and other related functions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiar with vehicle and equipment parts to assist shop personnel with clerical and data entry work
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and E-Mail, proficient in 10 key, keyboarding and typing skills a must
- Experience with computers and data entry including PO's, invoices and inventory logs
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at careers.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)