Registered Dietitian - Temporary PT - Clinical Nutrition - Oakville
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Registered Dietitian
Department: Clinical Nutrition
Status:Temporary Part-time for approximately 6 months (must provide availability of up to 0.4 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Friday; Days, 8:00AM-4:00PM; 8 hour shifts (hours subject to change based on operational requirements)
What you’ll be doing:
The successful candidate will be responsible for nutritional screening and assessment, advising and making recommendations regarding quality patient nutritional care, follow-up and education to support patient focused care within their assigned patient units You will act as a nutrition resource for staff of these units and attend patient care rounds as appropriate; collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team to optimize patient care.
- Adhere to department and hospital philosophies, standards, objectives and policies and procedures.
- Evaluate nutrition care plans for effectiveness and recommend appropriate changes as needed. Use professional judgment to adapt and apply guidelines, protocols and professional standards of care to the new and changing needs of the patient.
- Evaluates trends and developments in dietary practices and techniques and investigate their adaptability to the clinical nutrition program.
- Apply knowledge of nutrition screening and assessment to specific patient populations to determine their nutritional needs.
- As an educator, plan, present, and/or participate in training and in-service education programs.
- Participate in interdisciplinary rounds as needed.
- Communicate effectively with members of the health team.
- Assume responsibility for your professional growth and development.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Registered Dietitian in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Member of Dietitians of Canada preferred
- At least one year recent experience in clinical dietetics including nutrition support is preferred, but not essential.
- Demonstrated skills in counseling and educating individuals and groups.
- Computer literacy i.e. Microsoft Office, Meditech or comparable software.
- Computer experience in Computrition Food Service/Nutrition Care software preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, organization and problem solving skills.
- Proven effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience contributing effectively as a member of a team.
- Satisfactory attendance and employment record.
The ideal candidate is a strong advocate of patient centred care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Date Posted:November 20, 2020
Internal applications due by:November 27, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.