Clerk II - PT - Chiropody Foot Care
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Clerk II - Front Office Administrative Support
Department: Transitions & Integrated Care, Rehab Clinics
Status:Part-time 0.5FTE with opportunity to cover full-time hours if required.
Hours:2 0 hours per week Monday toFriday -shifts range between 5 - 7.5 hours . Alternate Saturdays (7.5 hours). Additional availability to cover full-time vacation coverage. (Hours are subject to change based on operational needs including the ability to provide coverage on Saturdays when needed)
Site: Primary location at offsite clinic at 461 North Service Road, Oakville, as well as Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital
About the Oakville Hospital Footcare and Orthotic Centres:
Owned and operated by Halton Healthcare, the footcare and orthotic centres have been providing footcare services to patients suffering from various foot problems for over 30 years. We have a team of Registered Chiropodists, Advanced Footcare Nurses, Registered Reflexologist and an Admin team. We are looking for someone that works well in a team, and is used to working in a busy office environment.
This is what you will be doing:
Front and back office clerical functions including patient reception and registration, appointment scheduling, processing of payments, communication with physicians, staff, patients, suppliers and visitors as well as telephone enquiries. Other general office duties as assigned.The ideal applicant thrives well in a busy office environment, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities such as booking appointments, answering the phone, and taking payments.
- Scheduling clinic appointments for both locations for several practitioners using podiatry specific software.
- Greeting and registering patients in a busy clinic environment
- Answer telephone calls requesting information on the clinic’s services and fees
- Assist Chiropodists with ipad laser scanning for custom orthotics
End of shift financial balancing
- Assist with staffing schedule – shift changes, vacation coverage, sick time coverage.
- Product ordering in conjunction and communication with the Admin team
- Generation of various monthly reports in conjunction with the Admin team (shared responsibility)
- Ordering office supplies from Grand and Toy; supplies through Stores, Pharmacy, and Meditech; purchase orders; shoe requests from Miller Shoes; Compression Stockings and all other inventory items as needed.
- Liaise with doctor’s office for patient referrals; Power of Attorney’s/caregivers; insurance company inquires/verifying treatment type and fees paid.
- On an as needed basis, prepare reports as requested such as patient statistics for each clinic location: Includes tracking in-clinic visits, hospital in-patients, new referrals and community clients (retirement/long term care facilities).
- Other duties as required.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Recent Office administration diploma from a recognized college or recent equivalent clerical experience in a healthcare settingrequired
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a comparable position preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Experience with monthly invoicing and month end reporting preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and problem resolution skills
- Experience using patient related databases preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have fast and accurate data entry skills
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently in a busy environment
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Inside or outside sales an asset
- Able to diplomatically respond to inquiries from staff, volunteers, patients, family members and members of the general public
- Must be physically able to perform the job: prolonged periods of time sitting; standing; walking; and pushing and pulling variety of wheeled equipment.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted: November 20, 2020
Internal applications due by: November 27, 2020
Please submit your application via the Halton Healthcare website www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
More search results
Saskatoon Police Service – Director of Equity, Di…
Dean, Learning, Teaching and Scholarship
Research Associate, Indigenous Markets Canada-wide
Security Services Agent
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity