Senior Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Senior Heavy Equipment MechanicPrimary Location
Athens, TennesseeEmployee Type
Meadowbranch Landfill is currently looking for a Master/Senior Heavy Equipment for our landfill in Athens, TN. Must be experienced with Tier 4 Heavy Equipment Engines - specifically Caterpillar.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Diagnose Tier 4 Heavy equipment engines, hydraulics, and all machinery.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
- Competitive hourly wage plus overtime
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Flexible Spending Account
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Tier 4 Caterpillar Machinery Experience
Click here to view a " Day in the Life " of our Mechanics: http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/mechanic.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
More search results
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
First Nations Housing & Infrastructure Council (FNHIC-BC)
President and Chief Executive Officer
Toronto Community Housing Corporation
Vice President, Advancement and External Relations
Memorial University of Newfoundland