- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Operations/ Plant SupervisorPrimary Location
Nanaimo, British ColumbiaEmployee Type
Waste Connections of Canada is a leading non-hazardous solid waste management in North America is looking for an experienced Operations Supervisor/Plant supervisor for our Material recovery Facility in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. We are looking for a SAFETY inclined, energetic, autonomous, and proactive team player who is capable of making a difference in his/her team and community.
The MRF Supervisor (Operations Supervisor/Plant supervisor) will have about 15 sorters and operators under their supervision. We are looking for a servant leader who is a true reflection of our culture and embodies our operational values in leading their team and driving results. Your success in this role is dependent on your work ethic, your communication skills, and your leadership ability to create long-lasting relationships. The key to Waste Connections of Canadas' continued growth and success is sourcing, developing, and promoting its people.
Location: 323 10th Street Nanaimo, BC
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Processing and receiving/shipping Materials.
- Perform Material audits of collections.
- Ensure that employees completing daily safety and maintenance checks on VCR's
- Coordinate with Shipper/Scale attendant to ensure smooth flow of traffic in the yard.
- Plan and monitor employee schedules and route scheduling including regular communication throughout the day until all routes are completed.
- Performance Management of employees through coaching/training and/or Progressive Discipline.
- Conduct accident investigations including scene management, first accident report and final analysis with root cause and preventative measures.
- Maintain adherence to company safety policies and DOT regulations.
- Create and conduct safety meetings and daily tailgates with employee
- Complete Facility inspections and participating in JOHSC
- Conduct observations of employees to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Experience with MRF operations would be an asset.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and MOE guidelines
- Knowledge using Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, highly accountable and able to prioritize tasks.
- CDL Driver's License or the ability to obtain one within 90 days.
- Physical Labor may be required at times as well as person must be comfortable in an industrial environment , loud noise , dirt, recycling materials
What's In It for You?
You will be joining a team environment and colleagues who embrace a "work hard, play harder" culture. Our compensation package is competitive, and comes with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, RRSP plans.
You'll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnectionscanada.com Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
More search results
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
First Nations Housing & Infrastructure Council (FNHIC-BC)
President and Chief Executive Officer
Toronto Community Housing Corporation
Vice President, Advancement and External Relations
Memorial University of Newfoundland