- XPO Logistics, Inc.
- V5C 6A7,BC
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
XPO Logistics was ranked the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics and is among the world's most admired companies according to Fortune Magazine. At XPO, our growth is fueled by continuous training that creates engaged and productive employees. As the Strategic Sourcing Representative, you will be responsible for building a strategic carrier base, negotiating contracts and sourcing projects in the most cost-effective manner. You will also work with each branch to source dedicated capacity for power lanes across the region and freight brokerage network. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including extended health benefits (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Source and negotiate with carrier base to move dedicated lanes (truckload, flatbed and intermodal) with a focus on XPO power lanes
- Contract carriers to handle long-term dedicated lanes, trailer pools and project work corresponding with RFPs
- Communicate effectively with carriers and build strategic carrier relationships
- Find opportunities within the XPO network of freight to match strategic carrier base
- Recommend process improvements and implement once approved
- Maintain and update accurate information in company's operating systems
- Assist in P.O.D. retrieval
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years related experience sourcing carriers, relationship building, and negotiating contracts
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Logistics or similar
- 4 years related experience in the transportation or logistics industry
- Availability to travel occasionally
- Exceptional customer service skills
- High-energy work style with a positive attitude
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Accommodation email must include:
• Your name
• Job title with location (city/province) and requisition ID
• A clear description of the disability accommodation that you are seeking
More search results
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
First Nations Housing & Infrastructure Council (FNHIC-BC)
President and Chief Executive Officer
Toronto Community Housing Corporation
Vice President, Advancement and External Relations
Memorial University of Newfoundland