Senior Manager, Budgeting and Forecasting
SENIOR MANAGER, BUDGETING FORECASTING
Job ID: 3675
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
SENIOR MANAGER, BUDGETING AND FORECASTING
Reporting to the Director Financial Analysis & Government Relations, the Senior Manager, Budgeting and Forecasting is responsible for planning and managing the implementation of the budgeting process for BC Housing and PRHC, and for the preparation of the budget for presentation to the Executive, BC Housing’s Board of Commissioners, the Ministry responsible for Housing, the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) and Treasury Board/Staff. He/she/they manages the preparation of the Financial Plan in the three-year Service Plan, the Financial Report in the Annual Report, estimates, forecasts, cash flow statements and other related financial information and analyses to assist the Executive in making sound business decisions, and the preparation of various reports and analyses for the Board and other stakeholders. The position oversees the reporting of results against budgets and the evaluation of current and anticipated programs, and develops and presents options and strategies to improve BC Housing’s financial position. The incumbent prepares the 10-year Capital Plan and 5-year Financial Management Plan. The Senior Manager is responsible for ensuring the integrity and operability of the core financial structure in the Finance system (JD Edwards EnterpriseOne), and plans and manages projects relating to the design, development and maintenance of the financial decision support framework. He/she/they also provides leadership and advice to senior managers of the Commission regarding budgeting, financial planning and other financial matters to enhance financial and business performance.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in accounting, finance, public administration or related discipline with a Chartered Professional Accountants designation.
- Considerable senior level experience in managing the budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis functions for large computerized accounting and financial operations in the public or not-for-profit sector.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Significant knowledge of budgeting, financial and accounting functions, specifically within government and the not-for-profit environment.
- Extensive knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis models and frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge of financial, accounting and reporting systems, processes and controls.
- Ability to learn and understand mission-critical corporate enterprise applications such as JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, WebFOCUS, and the Central Property System (CPS).
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission’s programs and operating requirements, relevant legislation, and the role of central agencies.
- Ability to plan and manage budgeting and forecasting processes and develop budgets and estimates in accordance with Commission and stakeholder requirements.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers