Associate Vice President Operations
ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT OPERATIONS
Job ID: 3690
Location: BURNABY, BC
Associate Vice President, Operations
BC Housing is a provincial Crown agency with an annual budget of $1.6 billion (2020/21) and a portfolio of housing services and programs that assist approximately 117,616 households in
over 300 communities provincewide. As such, we continually seek sustainable housing solutions that are supported by excellence in service delivery and research, and take into account social, financial and environmental impacts.
Our Operations Branch – the largest team at BC Housing – works with non-profit societies and co-operatives, government, community agencies, tenants and advocacy groups to ensure
BC Housing delivers high-quality services and programs that are responsive to client needs. Responsible for developing and delivering social housing programs across the province, the
Branch acts as funder and regulator in overseeing the administration of operating agreements with over 800 co-op and non-profit housing providers across the province. In addition, it
oversees the administration and property management of provincially owned, directly managed social housing and group homes.
As Associate Vice President of Operations, you’ll play a key leadership role in ensuring the Branch continues to deliver innovative, forward-thinking programs and strategies, and provide expertise and around-the-clock solutions to support our vast housing portfolio. Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, you’ll oversee the development and delivery of all operational plans and programs for social housing across the three regions of the province. This will see you leading the provision of comprehensive regional property management services for directly managed housing, financial and management consulting assistance to non-profit and co-op housing providers and administration of group homes on behalf of ministries.
An important aspect of your mandate will be to lead and support the planning, development and delivery of regional health and housing programs for individuals with serious or persistent
illness, aging seniors, and homeless persons. A results-oriented leader of people and programs, you’ll direct regional operations teams of both unionized and non-union employees regarding the applicant registry, allocation of housing, and delivery of rent subsidy programs, and oversee the administration of housing agreements and provision of subsidies for housing built under various programs.
Both strategically savvy and analytically minded, and conversant with program planning, development and implementation across a diverse regional structure, you’ll lead a comprehensive audit program to ensure that subsidies are appropriately allocated and meet program guidelines. As AVP of Operations, you’ll also provide leadership in developing and implementing BC Housing’s safety and security programs for tenants and building infrastructure, and provide emergency preparedness services for the provincial government. A skilled consensus builder, you’ll work closely with other levels of government, housing partners and communities in exploring strategies for responding to housing needs, and direct the development of regional programs designed to foster healthy, active and inclusive communities.
With your extensive experience in planning and managing the development and delivery of social housing programs in a public or not-for-profit environment, and degree in public administration, social or urban planning, or a related discipline, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education, training and experience, you’re well prepared to take on this pivotal
The following competencies, knowledge, skills and abilities will also support your success in meeting the exciting challenges and opportunities ahead:
- Core Competencies
- Personal Effectiveness
- Results Oriented
- Service Oriented
- Leadership Competencies
- Alignment & Results
- Team Development
- Relationship Building/Management
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the theories, strategies and practices pertaining to program planning, development and implementation across a diverse regional structure.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the philosophies and practices of building and managing social housing with housing partners and governments in order to foster healthy, active and inclusive communities.
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission’s mandate, programs and policies in delivering social housing programs throughout the province.
- Ability to provide direction and leadership in the integration and delivery of a diverse mix of housing, health and social support programs, comprehensive property management services for directly managed housing, and financial and management consulting services to non-profit and co-op housing providers.
- Ability to facilitate the development of strong working relationships with governments, housing partners, community agencies, tenants and tenant associations, advisory bodies and others in planning housing strategies and developing diverse approaches for responding to housing needs.
- Strategic and analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Well-developed consultative, facilitation, consensus-building, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Effective leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team environment.
To view the Job Description and to apply for the role of Associate Vice President, Operations, visit https://www.bchousing.org/careers/current-opportunities. When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application as a single Word or pdf file. Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted.
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers