- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Cherokee Village,AR
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Diesel MechanicPrimary Location
Cherokee Village, ArkansasEmployee Type
Waste Connections of Arkansas is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic at our facility in Ash Flat, AR.This is a great opportunity to join a growing industry with endless growth potential. The position is Monday through Friday day shift typically working 8-11 hour days with opportunities to volunteer for occasional Saturday OT.
- Performs repairs (including electrical and hydraulic systems) and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program
- Must have own tools
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans