Pharmacy Technician - Full-time - Pharmacy - Oakville
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Department: Inpatient Pharmacy
Status:Permanent Full time
Hours: Various Rotating Shifts - Predominantly 10 Hour Evening Shifts (1 to 11pm) 4 days in a row for 2 weeks of an 8 week period. Occasional days starting from 0700 to 0830. Weekends in rotation. Occasional overnight shifts. Hours are subject to change based on operational needs.
It’s an exciting time to join Halton Healthcare as we are currently undergoing tremendous growth in facility development and career opportunities!
In recent years, we have completed an expansion at Georgetown Hospital with a newly renovated Emergency and Diagnostic Imaging Department; we have just settled in at our brand new Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital site; and we are expanding at Milton District Hospital with a new state-of-the-art facility set which is now open.
Our healthcare teams are made up of dynamic groups of people who work together to provide Exemplary Patient Experiences, Always in the communities of Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville.
This is what you will be doing:
- Responsible for technical tasks within the automated unit dose drug distribution system including restocking of Omnicell automated dispensing units, dispensing and compounding of patient specific prescription, distribution and control of narcotic and controlled drugs and other inventory management tasks.
- Responsible for the operation of select Pharmacy Automation systems
- Prepackaging of unit doses and preparation of sterile pharmaceutical products.
This is what you will need to do it:
- Completion of a recognized college level Pharmacy Assistant or Technician Program required
- Registered or pursuing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP)
- Previous hospital experience with unit dose and/or automated drug distribution system and intravenous admixture service required
- Previous experience with Best Possible Medication History Preferred
- Previous experience operating pharmacy robot preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to participate in a team environment
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance recordrequired
Posted Date: December 24, 2020
Application Deadline for Employees: December 31, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke-free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns