Environmental Engineer or Scientist
- Job Category
- Job Type
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Due to continuing growth, we are seeking an Environmental Engineer/Scientist with experience in contaminated sites and remediation to join our Contaminated Assessment and Remediation Team in our Calgary, AB office.
The successful candidate will:
- Work in cooperation with a multi-disciplinary project team to complete projects incorporating contaminated sites investigation, remediation, and solid waste management.
- Prepare proposals, project scope, tender documents, project schedules, health and safety plans, and technical reports to be reviewed by technical manager.
- Track project budget, progress of deliverables, productivity, milestones, savings, and any other commitments to the client.
- Coordinate field activities, manage field personnel and oversee sampling program.
- Oversee and assist with field work, including environmental monitoring, drilling, remediation, and reclamation.
- Coordinate technical resources and personnel including drafting, database, chemistry, and staff through project duration.
- Responsible for data compilation, analysis, and evaluation using the application of engineering principles and problem solving skills.
- Communicate well with clients, vendors, project team, and contractors.
- Develop business with existing as well as new clients, including assisting with proposal pursuits, and building relationships with members of the private and public sectors.
- Sound understanding of provincial and federal acts, regulations, and guidelines relating to the environmental industry in Alberta.
- Knowledge and understanding of the AEP Alberta Tier 1 and 2 Soil and Groundwater Remediation Guidelines and AER Directives.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Civil, Geological or Chemical Engineering or Scientist.
- 8+ years of environmental engineering experience.
- Self-starter and finisher, detail orientated, flexible, team player, and willing and able to do a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude, safety-mindedness, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written).
- Strong technical writing, data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage a variety of tasks, and willingness to meet challenging deadlines.
- Willing to travel for work and able to conduct and oversee fieldwork.
- Previous experience in contamination assessment and remediation in Alberta as well as managing environmental projects and working with public and private sector clients.
- Must be eligible for APEGA membership.
- Must hold a Class 5 AB Driver’s license.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.