- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Class A Roll Off DriverPrimary Location
Lacey, WashingtonEmployee Type
WANTED!- Talented Class A Roll Off Driver
As a member of our elite team of Drivers, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS (NYSE:WCN) - We arean integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 7.5 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 41 states and 6 Canadian Provinces.Forbes Magazine voted Waste Connections as one of the Top 200 small & mid-cap Companies in America", 3 Years in a Row !
Click here to view a " Day in the Life " of our Drivers: http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/driver
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
Waste Connections is looking to hire a Roll Off Garbage Truck Driver at Thurston County Transfer Station in Lacey, WA. The position will be responsible for driving a Roll Off garbage trucks on specified routes to collect solid waste and transport it to appropriate disposal sites.
To be considered for this position you MUST have a Class A CDL, 1+ years of CDL driving experience, trailer experience, manual shift driving experience, great driving record, and excellent customer service skills.
This position is Sunday-Wednesday (10 hour shifts each day) with the opportunity for overtime.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A CDL with air brakes endorsement and trailer experience as a minimum.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)