- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates is currently seeking a Senior Civil/ Solid Waste Engineer for a full-time position in our Birmingham, AL location (other locations which may be considered include Pensacola Fl, Chattanooga TN, and Atlanta GA). You will provide technical expertise, project management, and client relations services for a broad range of civil/environmental engineering and environmental projects. The employee will be a part of the Engineering Team and will assist other teams as project and client demands dictate.
The employee will manage and oversee projects to include solid waste and coal combustion residuals (CCR) management facility design and permitting, leachate and wastewater management, civil engineering design, stormwater design, geotechnical evaluation, subsurface investigation, landfill gas system design, and environmental permitting. Project delivery and management will require deliverables preparation (reports, permit applications, drawings), budget and schedule management, billing and project tracking, and interaction with other Golder offices, clients, subcontractors, and regulators. Occasional travel will be required for project work, client meetings, conferences, and Golder company meetings.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Understand and articulate current industry regulations, standards of care, and technical advancements
- Prioritize, coordinate, and review/evaluate work products prepared by scientists, engineers, and CADD designers
- Mentor junior team members and support staff development
- Develop new business from existing clients and prospects
- Prepare proposals (scope, schedule, and budget)
- Represent Golder at industry events and associations
- Manage multiple projects through all phases of development
- Coordinate with other teams serving the same clients
- Safely operation vehicle on behalf of the company
- B.S. degree (minimum) in Civil or Environmental Engineering or equivalent field
- A minimum of 10 years of consulting experience, including project management, proposal writing, client contact, and regulatory interaction
- Experience in solid waste landfill design, permitting or operations
- Alabama P.E. registration or the ability to obtain a registration within 6 months
- Leadership and effective communication skills
- Master's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or equivalent field
- Understanding of CADD
- Landfill gas knowledge
- Experience in developing solutions for complex engineering problems
- Submittal of a cover letter with your application is appreciated
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages;
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and,
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
First Nations Housing & Infrastructure Council (FNHIC-BC)
President and Chief Executive Officer
Toronto Community Housing Corporation
Vice President, Advancement and External Relations
Memorial University of Newfoundland