- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Reporting to the Senior and Country Corporate Counsel, you will:
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts
- Provide legal support to the company's Canadian business operations, including in connec-tion with manufacturer's liability, distribution and acquisitions/divestitures
- Support ABB's interests in claims and disputes
- Management and development of risk management and compliance processes, together with associated training
- Advise on legal developments impacting the company and industry
- Ensure projects and undertakings are compliant with ABB's policies, corporate regulations and applicable laws
- Member of the Quebec Bar or the bar of another Canadian jurisdiction.
- 4 - 6 years of relevant experience (corporation or law firms).
- Ability to write and speak fluently in French & English
- Clear understanding of contractual liability and indemnification principles
- Demonstrated drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and ability to develop a broad skill set will be key to your success
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Reference Number CA76950660_E1 Publication date 2020-12-10