- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
If you are looking for big, global challenges, IS is the place to come.
ABB's portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. To help us work more efficiently, you need to understand the power and potential of information technology. If you have the energy, discipline and intellectual firepower to succeed, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with talented people all over the world.
This IS Functional Analyst position partners and collaborates with the Kronos Admin providing guidance to the entities and department personnel.
- Accountable for proactive analysis, configuration, testing, implementation using the Setup Data Manager (SDM) and end user support
- Maintaining both employee-level and company-level Kronos data to ensure compliance with company policies
- Work with end users in the areas of Time, HR and Payroll to understand requirements and design of functional solutions that are in line with business needs while staying consistent with the application architecture
- Assist in creating business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional specification documents, test plans and test cases, and implementation documentation as necessary
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Can perform work with a high degree of independence
- Ability to effectively document and work with users to achieve identified goals
- Embraces a fast-paced environment and meets deadlines
- 2-4 years College degree
- 3-5 years of Kronos (WFC 8.1.6 and/or WFD) or 2 years of Kronos mixed with IS experience
- Superior experience in translating business requirements into IS capabilities and solutions
- Superior experience in objectively evaluating IS solutions and making recommendations
- Excellent analytical skills and an understanding of the overall context of business processes and IS technologies
- Good at working in a Team environment and with other teams
- Understanding of HR, Time and Attendance, and Payroll system and the flow between
- Understanding and knowledge of how to create and build Interfaces
- Understanding and knowledge of MS SQL and how to build queries to export data using the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Reference Number CA76634942_E3 Publication date 2020-12-03