- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
ABB Installation Products (ELIP) provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
The Material Manager is responsible for the overall business operations planning & scheduling of the site supply planning process for all our manufacturing locations within the division of ELIP, Electrification Installation Products. This is a key role in providing visibility of supply capacity and local supply objectives into the Hub Product group Sales & Operational planning processing.
The Material Manager will report to the Vice-President of Operations and leads a team of 3 Analysts & 4 Buyer Planners.
- Accountability for the service level and inventory management for the Electrification Installation Products division and driving inventory optimization projects within the site
- Leading the S& OP process to aling with production plan, inventory plan to sales forecasting plans
- Guiding the operations planning and scheduling of each manufacturing plant supply planning process.
- Providing feedback into S&OP process of site's ability to support the demand plan.
- Owning the inventory management or Net working capital check book for the local unit. Establishing and maintaining an inventory management processes including raw materials, WIP, finished goods and sales in excess of invoicing (project units) in line with Group/Division/Business Unit instructions.
- Is accountable for inventory within the site and driving inventory optimization projects within the site.
- Ensuring fulfillment planning is in place by running a short-term planning process or S&OP process, connecting planning with execution. Coordinating an appropriate response to unplanned events. Supporting the profitable execution of customer orders, in coordination with project management, engineering, manufacturing and procurement.
- Leading the Buyer & Planner team responsible for the resale products.
- Leading & contributing to continuous improvements in cross-functional initiatives for optimizing customer on-time delivery, lead-time, inventory, resource utilization, and forecast accuracy.
- Utilizing lean 6 sigma tools whenever applicable and collaborates with other units in the end-to end supply chain.
- Providing local leadership for the development of best practices in planning systems and integrated ERPs.
- Leading & influencing local planning function and ensures together with HR Manager support, that local planning teams are properly organized, staffed, and skilled and supported.
- Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies, for the benefit of both ABB and the employee.
- A Bachelor's degree in Operations management & logistics or equivalent
- Minimum 10- 15 years of experience in a similar role.
- Team management skills
- Experience with ERP systems.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong written and verbal communication skills.
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Reference Number CA76458332_E1 Publication date 2020-11-20
More search results
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
First Nations Housing & Infrastructure Council (FNHIC-BC)
President and Chief Executive Officer
Toronto Community Housing Corporation
Vice President, Advancement and External Relations
Memorial University of Newfoundland