- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
ABB Energy Industries (IAEN) drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
Reporting to the production manager, the store supervisor leads a team in the execution of the processes for managing the plant's parts and materials: receiving, locating, storage, preparation, and delivery to Production as well as monitoring of inventory.
He ensures a continuous and efficient operation in accordance with volumes, schedules, and procedures, and with the standards and policies regarding quality as well as health, safety and environment.
- Management of human resources
- Organizes and allocates resources to meet deadlines.
- Plans the store's capacity based on demand.
- Identifies training needs.
- Takes disciplinary action when necessary.
- Guarantees the operational availability of the store to best support Production activities.
- Ensures the quality of the store's service and its availability to the various internal customers of the site (receiving, rotation and distribution of products)
- Equipment and facilities
- Identifies and recommends the improvements to be made to technical equipment and facilities, if any.
- Improvement of operations
- Establishes and implements standardized practices and procedures related to achieving the store's objectives.
- Identifies deficiencies, proposes improvement activities, and oversees their implementation.
- Puts in place the processes and tools that foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Leadership and employee development
- Develops and maintains good relationships with other departments and business partners.
- Ensures (with the support of the Human Resources business partner) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, competent, and directed.
- Guides, motivates, and develops direct subordinates in human resources policies.
- Health, safety and environment
- Takes full responsibility for his role in line with ABB's objectives in matters of workplace health and safety.
- Requires and creates a safe and healthy workplace for all employees in his sector.
- Gets involved personally and demonstrates strong leadership in health and safety.
- Bachelor of Operations Management or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of management experience including supervision of unionized manufacturing personnel.
- Bilingual (French and English).
- General knowledge of computers (Office Suite).
- Knowledge of SAP (an asset).
- Change management.
- Planning and organization.
- Leadership, mobilization, and coaching.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good communicator.
- A spirit of analysis and rigour.
- Good work organization and priority management.
- Focused on continuous improvement (Lean 6 Sigma) and health and safety.
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Reference Number CA76559091_E1 Publication date 2020-11-05