Regional Sales Manager - Mechanical & Power Transmission Products
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
ABB Motion (MO) is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is leading the ABB Mechanical & Power Transmission (Dodge Product Line) sales and business development activities in the Western region. Working in conjunction with the MPT Field Sales Representatives, the Regional Sales Manager will champion the sales growth initiatives and develop key relationships with Channel Partners (Distributors), OEMs and major strategic end users. This position also requires a high level of collaboration with the national & regional Motion sales teams to promote and present one ABB front to our customers and fully leverage potential sales synergies.
This position's specific duties include participating in budgeting, marketing, implementation of sales plans, business development initiatives, driving user specifications, establishing sales targets and ensuring customer satisfaction. This position will work closely with Product Management to identify customer needs and market trends.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and market knowledge on Mechanical & Power Transmission (MPT) portfolio.
- Customer focus and Sales leadership.
- Interface with Product Management and Operations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Support other Sales Managers and Field Sales Representatives to present value propositions to customers and facilitate rapid profitable growth.
- Analyze regional results/performance and assist on setting new targets.
- Understanding channels, market requirement and competitor landscape.
- Support implementation of frame agreement.
- Primarily regional contact person to support internally other ABB Sales units.
- Conduct training for customers, distributors channel partners.
- Winning attitude with strong desire to grow the business.
- 5-10 years relevant experience with strong products, industries and market knowledge.
- Strong knowledge on mechanical and power transmission products.
- University or Technical degree in Mechanical Engineering. or equivalent experience.
- Proven success with leadership and sales management.
- Solid interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be professional, detail oriented, self-motivated, innovative, creative, assertive, organized, and can work independently as well as in team.
- Negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Software and Salesforce (CRM).
- Bilingual would be an asset (French & English).
- Will have to travel frequently within the region and occasionally outside the region.
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Reference Number CA76176913_E1 Publication date 2020-10-19
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier - Agent de livrai…
Canada Post / Postes Canada
Business Applications Administrator