- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
ABB Motion and Drives (MODR) is a pioneering technology leader, providing products and solutions to help our customers maximize productivity, safety and energy efficiency, with a focus on reducing impact on the environment.
You will be the technical point person for the drives Sales organization in Motion Canada. Reporting to the Product management manager, You will be working in a collaborative team environment and will support local Sales teams and customers by advising on technical options and cost-effective solutions.
- Offers technical advice and provides comment on enquiry specifications for customers/channels/Sales Engineers with regard to ABB Variable frequency drives/systems/ applications.
- Provides technical support over the phone, during the technical meeting and product presentation.
- Performs analytic and diagnostic studies to determine most suitable technical solution to meet customer needs.
- Proposes technical solutions for simple to complex drives enquiries.
- Prepares and delivers technical presentations and demonstrations for both internal staff and customers on complex product issues.
- Offers product/solution/service related training for ABB Variable frequency drives.
- Prepares and checks technical articles for publication.
- Electrical engineering degree or Industrial electronic DEC with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in Variable Frequency drives
- Knowledge of AC, DC drives
- Good factory automation and electrification best practice knowledge.
- Fieldbus communication knowledge an asset.
- Bilingualism, written and spoken (French and English).
- High customer focus.
- Teamwork oriented and demonstrate high level of initiative, problem solving, information seeking and eager to learn.
- Good sense of urgency and ownership.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Availability to travel 20% of the time
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Reference Number CA75526170_E1 Publication date 2020-07-23
More search results
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
President and Chief Executive Officer
Toronto Community Housing Corporation
Vice President, Advancement and External Relations
Memorial University of Newfoundland