Senior Project Engineer-Geotechnical
- SALT LAKE CITY,UT
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder is seeking a Senior Project Geotechnical Engineer to join our Salt Lake City, UT office.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Work with project teams on geological and geotechnical projects that involve field work, data evaluation, engineering analysis and report preparation;
- Work collaboratively with other senior members of the Golder Mining team to implement the business growth strategy, develop, and maintain relationships with a broad client base;
- Provide consultation on open pit and underground mining projects for North America and international clients
- Perform engineering calculations and analyses using industry standard commercial computer software including DIPS, SLIDE, SWEDGE, Map3D, Vulcan, etc.;
- Perform stability analysis in support to design studies, evaluate in slope design and ground control;
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and technical reports, including writing sections of reports, coordinating preparation of figures and tables, and working with drafting and administrative staff to produce final reports;
- Manage projects according to client-approved scopes of work, and deliver high quality reports on time and within budget;
- Offer innovative and specialized solutions to internal and external clients, keep abreast of new research and developments within the industry;
- Mentor junior engineering staff.
- An undergraduate or post-graduate degree in mining, geotechnical or geological engineering especially open pit and slope experience in rock and soils
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on surface and underground rock mechanics, including the following:
- Geotechnical investigations,
- Data reduction and analysis,
- Site characterization,
- Open pit or underground and slope experience in rock and soils.
- Practical experience in mining ground control, preferably with exposure to several mining methods.
- Strong computer skills and experience with industry standard commercial computer software including: Microsoft Office, ArcGIS (or equivalent), 3D visualization software, and various geo-engineering software (DIPS, SLIDE, SWEDGE, Map3D, Vulcan, etc.).
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, and a positive attitude as well as the ability to work both independently and on teams.
- Highly effective leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills.
- Master's degree in mining, geotechnical, geological engineering or a related discipline.
- PE license.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment; Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and, On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Project Manager – Climate/Emerald Edge
The Nature Conservancy
Community and Indigenous Relations Intern
Director, Advanced Research Computing
Queen's University - 314263