- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Construction Project Coordinator to join our construction team on a 12-month contract (with possibility of extension / permanence) based in Ontario (different projects / remote locations).
The position will include involvement with delivering technically challenging ground engineering, mining, water resource, and/or environmental remediation projects.
Projects are in remote locations, most of the time in Northern Ontario (fly-in/fly-out) on camp base sites. Depending of the needs, you may work on rotations (2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off). Travel expenses will be covered by Golder.
An overview of your role will include:
- Providing project specific support, including scheduling and assisting with project controls
- Communicating with the project team to assist with the monitoring and control of budgets and schedules
- Providing timely updates on project controls, progress and forecasting trends to the Project Manager
- Collecting, inputting, managing and presenting project cost tracking data
- Creating and updating project budgets and schedules
- Flagging budget or schedule issues to the project manager
- Identifying the need for change orders
- Assisting with the preparation of change orders
- Conducting preliminary review of pre-bills and assisting with invoicing
- Implementing QA/QC procedures
You will have a background in:
- Diploma in civil, environmental, geotechnical or similar programs. Candidates with degrees in similar technical programs may be considered.
- Experience of record keeping, estimating, scheduling, cost control and contract management
- Previous Construction work experience considered an asset.
- Highly motivated with an ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to learn processes quickly and prioritize client requirements
- Enjoy working as part of a team and possess good communication skills and a friendly, pleasant manner
- Flexible, can-do attitude
- Good computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous experience working in a consulting business would be considered an asset.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 13 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
First Nations Housing & Infrastructure Council (FNHIC-BC)
President and Chief Executive Officer
Toronto Community Housing Corporation
Vice President, Advancement and External Relations
Memorial University of Newfoundland