- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder's construction operation has an opening for a Senior Construction Manager for a multi-year, multi-disciplinary design-build project outside of Birmingham, Alabama. The right candidate will have strong communication skills and be able to communicate with the client, internal engineering disciplines, client-controlled contractors, sub-contractors, and site supervisory and quality assurance personnel. This industrial project includes construction of a "greenfields" process plant over an eighteen-month period then transitioning into an operating system for a further 4-year term. Experience in a multi-disciplinary environment including civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical is essential where knowledge of large-scale dredging would be beneficial.
Responsible for coordinating all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes supervising all sub trades, suppliers and field personnel on the project site on a daily basis. The Construction Manager is tasked with delivering the project scope of work on time while monitoring costs associated with the activities. This position is also responsible for administering and enforcing all Golder Construction Health and Safety Policies and plans on site. During design phases and prior to construction the Construction Manager is expected to assist with value-engineering and reviewing overall constructability of the design.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Construction Project Management
- Coordinating and supervising all construction activities.
- Problem solving site issues and minimizing associated construction delays
- Administer subcontracts and Purchase Orders through daily communication with subcontractors, suppliers
- Ensuring quality and accuracy of work performed/deliverable
- Identifying potential cost savings and streamlined field methodologies through value engineering and communications with design leads and senior management
- Ensuring project deliverables adhere to the drawings and specifications
- Maintaining documentation as per site specific system
- Coordinate project QC requirements and collaborate with QA engineers
- Maintaining construction schedule of project .
- Tracking costs associated with the work, review with project budget.
- Maintaining site security .
- Follow up with internal/external clients directly on results and to discuss timelines, schedule and budgets (ie: Project Manager and Project Coordinator).
- Daily communication with Contract Administrator or client's representative
- Health and Safety
- Actively engaging people in daily kick off meeting, weekly HSEE meetings, responsible for a weekly inspections on site and to make sure people are reporting learnings.
- Ensure proper care, handling, storage, and disposal of samples and products in accordance with laboratory and industry control and practices (e.g. WHMIS and MSDS)
- Identifying and reporting potential and existing site hazards, incidents, potential Fatal Risk Controls, and pSIFs
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Work with and support other Golder employees in the field or office.
- If necessary, provide guidance/mentorship to entry level Golder employees.
- Engineering degree, technical diploma or certificate in a related discipline.
- Twelve (12) years of heavy civil or industrial construction experience in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Intermediate excel, intermediate Primavera (or similar) and working knowledge of site-based costing software (HeavyJob or similar).
- Knowledge of construction safety laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions and terms and conditions of contracts. Safety certification preferred.
- Understanding of construction equipment resources and efficiencies
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.