- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Site Safety Officer to join our Construction team based in Parrish, Birmingham Alabama. This role includes the delivery and administration of Golder's environmental health and safety program to all personnel at the project level.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
- Compiling, analyzing, and interpreting occupational illness and accident statistical data at the project level; recommending process and product safety features that will reduce employee exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
- Routinely inspecting the facilities, machinery, and safety equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Routinely monitoring the workforce for unsafe behaviors and coach employees on the correct behaviors when observed.
- Implement and administer the site's Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) Observation Program.
- Developing environmental health and safety training materials to include manuals, brochures, PowerPoint presentations etc.
- Developing a paperwork management system to track training records to track all safety training initiatives conducted personally or by outside consultants/vendors.
- Interpreting safety regulations for the project.
- Coordinating and presenting safety training to support client requirements including new hire orientation, fall protection, confined space, lockout/tagout and repertory.
- Interfacing with Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) (Provincial or federal) officials/inspectors in the event or a site visit.
Required skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Safety, or a related field of study is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing construction projects in an environmental health and safety related area.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of a safety program on projects of increasing complexity.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and hazard recognition, record keeping and injury management skills.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
- CPR/First Aid, and OSHA/MSHA instructor certifications are preferred.
- Mask fit testing, and Train-the-trainer certification preferred.
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's more than 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
# LI - DS1