Registered Nurse - Full-time - Dialysis - Oakville
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Nephrology - Dialysis
Status: T emporary F ull-time Until August 31, 2021
Hours: Monday toSunday - Days and Evenings - 8 and 12 hour shifts (hours subject to change as per operational needs of the unit)
Site: Primary site Oakville. May be required to work at other HH Renal Dialysis sites based on operational needs
This is what you’ll be doing:
Care of chronic and acute hemodialysis patients. Involves patient teaching. Initiation and discontinuation of dialysis, preparation of dialysis, preparation of dialysis machines, accessing venous accesses and central lines, monitoring of dialysis treatments, troubleshooting, acute dialysis in ICU, primary nursing follow-up of chronic patients. Other duties as required.
That is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire
- Preference will be given to those individuals possessing Cneph Certification
- Must have experience with acute hemodialysis
- Must be good with equipment, and possess basic computer skills
- Strong patient assessment skills and patient education skills
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must enjoy working with chronic patients
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
- Must possess excellent documentation skills
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Salary :$33.56 to $48.05 per hour
Date Posted: January 5 , 2021
Internal Applications Due by: January 12, 2021
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.