- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Incoming Quality & CMM Inspector is responsible for using CMM to ensure the quality of supplier parts and use the CMM to assist in part troubleshooting. This position also assists with ensuring the quality of incoming parts and systems using hand tools and work instructions.
- Inspect parts in accordance with receiving inspection instructions. Inspections consist of inspection to prints, visual inspections, etc. Will ensure FAIs have been completed when necessary and work with procurement group and quality manager on failed FAIs or incoming inspections.
- Performs layout inspection of parts, assemblies, and inspection fixtures and gages using a Coordinate Measuring Machine or other appropriate measuring devices.
- Inspects manufactured parts to ensure that hole locations, contour measurements, and shapes conform, within prescribed tolerances, to part print specifications, using coordinate measuring machine and working to common tolerances.
- Create and edit dimensional inspection programs for the CMM.
- Create program set-up and execution documentation.
- Interact with and assist Manufacturing and Engineering personnel regarding part conformance and process capability.
- Review Nonconforming Material Tags, enter them into NCM system, and take appropriate actions (quarantine, review with production, engineering, purchasing, etc.).
- Entering inspection results data into Sharepoint, SAP, and other data/computer work.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- Documented training/experience with CMM operation.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints, math data, reports, instructions and guidelines.
- Proficient in using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Proficient in using measuring instruments, i.e. caliper, micrometer, height gages, etc.
- Proficient in computer operations/applications including MS Windows operating system.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.