- Job Category
- Job Type
We are looking for a talented Application Engineer to join our team specializing in hydrogen fuel cell power systems technology for our #NewPower Business Unit in Mississauga, Ontario.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Provide customer support by responding to requests for quotations with customed detailed analysis of product costing, schedule of creation, tooling costing, and submittal of design and process improvements.
- Work with engineering, sales, and production staff to understand standard component fabrication techniques, standard composite materials to use, and current demands of our customers.
- Provide product technical engineering information by creating and giving presentations on customer proposals.
- Prepare cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents.
- Consult with engineers, production, and other professional and technical personnel to meet customer’s needs.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical, or related discipline.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in a similar role, developing and reading technical documents.
- Strong knowledge of CAD models and the ability to create and give 3D representations of finished goods, 3D representations of tooling, etc.
- Ability to compose detailed bill of materials and to utilize custom metrics and analytics for proposals and customer quotations.
- Minimum two years of experience in a field engineer role a plus.
- Working knowledge or an interest in hydrogen fuel cell technology and hybrid electrical systems.
At Cummins, we are committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and we strive to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
The successful candidate will be subject to our Pre-Employment Background Screening process that consists of a Criminal Background Check as well as Education and Work Experience Verification.