- Job Category
- Job Type
We are looking for a talented Stack Mechanical Engineer to join our team specializing in hydrogen fuel cell power systems and electrolyzers for our #NewPower Business Unit in Mississauga, Ontario.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Responsible for mechanical design of next generation fuel cell and electrolyzer stack mechanical components.
- Work in a cross-functional engineering team of mechanical designers, scientists and engineers in design, outsourcing, material selection, test, and improvement of functionality of mechanical components, include engineering plastic parts, molded or overmolded seal, metallic hardware, fastening and compression elements.
- Based on stack functional requirements, responsible for design calculation of fluid chemical, mechanical and thermodynamic properties, detailed geometries and dimensions of stack mechanical components, stack compression mechanism and required force
- Implement design for cost-effective manufacturing techniques (machining, molding and overmolding, casting, extruding, forming, cutting, etc.), in preparation for prototyping and high-volume manufacturing.
- Responsible for design of detailed stack design features including incorporating the results from CFD and FEA into the plate design process.
- Communicate with external suppliers and vendors regarding designed parts and participates in cost-reduction efforts.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum five years of experience in a similar role.
- Expertise in product design, prototyping, development and engineering of seal, metal, or engineering plastic components
- Previous working experience in a manufacturing environment performing stress/ strain analysis, fatigue durability assessment, and dynamics and durability tests.
- Strong technical skills (non-linear FEA models, Matlab, Python, 3D/2D CAD).
- Previous experience with Unigraphics NX, Solid Edge or AutoCAD is required.
- Proven experience in automotive manufacturing or industrial manufacturing.
At Cummins, we are committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and we strive to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
The successful candidate will be subject to our Pre-Employment Background Screening process that consists of a Criminal Background Check as well as Education and Work Experience Verification.