Driver's Assistant (Logistics) - Plainfield, IN
- Ingram Micro Inc
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro's global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Primary role to serve as a driver assistant on field pickups. Performs quality control, sorting and maintaining flow of materials at customer pickups and throughout warehouse.
- Will be used as a driver helper.
- Lifting up to 45 LBS on a frequent basis.
- Must be flexible with work hours to accommodate scheduling needs of customers. Some overnights and after-hours work are mandatory.
- Load and unload materials in warehouses and storage facilities. Materials may be moved from trucks or other transport equipment.
- Receive materials into an organization and verify materials against invoices to ensure accuracy of the delivery.
- Count or weigh parts to check quantity accuracy.
- Pick parts for shipment and package according to shipping procedures
- Use of material moving equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, and dollies to bring products and materials to an appropriate location.
Percent of time spent in this area: Varies dependent upon driver's schedule
Results: Ensure that materials have been properly packaged and prepared to be shipped accordingly.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to two years of experience with basic warehouse material handling
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Individual must possess good communication skills as well as good customer relations skills.
Must have basic knowledge of operating a computer. Microsoft Suite knowledge a plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Ability to travel: local and out-of-state - some overnight travel required
- Occasional sitting, focusing on and operating a computer several times a day.
- Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination.
- Daily lifting up to 45 lbs. Daily carrying up to 45 lbs.
- Constant standing, walking, stooping. Constant reaching, handling products.
- Able to use a Pallet Jack and move materials weighing up to 750 lbs.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
EQUIPMENT USED AND NECESSARY:
- Personal computer/printer
- Conveyor belts
- Pallet Jacks
- Shredder Machines
Warehouse environment; exposure to heat and cold (equivalent to outside temperatures); dust, pollen, fumes (as in normal outside environment); noise.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
More search results
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
President and Chief Executive Officer
Toronto Community Housing Corporation
Vice President, Advancement and External Relations
Memorial University of Newfoundland