Engineering Internship Student (12 - 16 months)
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder is looking to fill an Internship Engineering Student position for 12 - 16 months on a full time basis commencing in May 2021 . This role is for Geological, Environmental or Civil Engineering students to join our Mine Engineering & Stability team based in Mississauga:
An overview of your role will include:
- Providing technical support in geotechnical projects including field investigation, laboratory testing and interpretation, design and construction, geotechnical analysis, and dam safety inspections
- Completing geotechnical analyses including stability and seepage under the direction and supervision of intermediate and senior engineers
- Completing geotechnical investigations including test pitting, drilling, and cone penetrations tests
- Conducting soil laboratory testing
- Daily inspections and contribution to sections of technical reporting under the direction and supervision of intermediate and senior engineers
You background will include:
- Current enrolment in a post-secondary geological, environmental or civil engineering degree program
- Previous work experience in the consulting or construction industry will be an asset
- Strong technical skills, innovative, and a good work ethic
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Possession of a valid driver's license and availability to travel and work flexible hours are also required
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and opportunities
How to apply:
- Applications can be submitted through the Golder website including a resume and covering letter by January 24th, 2021
- Please only apply to the position if you are available for a 12 - 16 month internship on a full time basis commencing in May 2021. Please see ad for Summer student but please only apply to one position
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.